Looking great alabamens!s ! Your collection is looking really well grown down there in 'Bama! Looks like that Outlaw seedling has some potential too
Welcome Horizon46 and thanks for sharing. That bog has some impressive clumps and the rest of your plants look like they are certainly loved!
A few shots from a week or so ago - my girlfriend is hogging my iPad with all the latest shots! Mostly leucos and mooreis: Black to the Widow - I can NEVER get the true color of this plant on film!!!! It's my darkest plant and is a LOT darker than this pic IMG_5751 by Calen Hall, on Flickr HCW F IMG_5735 by Calen Hall, on Flickr Hot Lips IMG_5734 by Calen Hall, on Flickr Purple Lips close-up - it had to put it's makeup on before I got all up in its grill IMG_5748 by Calen Hall, on Flickr Leuco and moorei bed IMG_5736 by Calen Hall, on Flickr
Post by BaseDrifter on Jul 23, 2017 18:57:43 GMT -5
First time using AWS S3 for image hosting (thanks Photobucket!)
I spent Saturday potting up my 7 new Sarracenia.
- S. 'Adrian Slack' - S. leucophylla var. alba 'Hurricane Creek White' Baldwin Co, AL (Clone F) (MW) - S. flava var. ornata 'Improved Black Veins' (MW F35a) - S. leuco red x minor giant (MW HY2) - S. leucophylla 'Burgundy’ aka leuco 'pink' (MW L7) - S. flava var. atropurpurea (MW F43) - S. oreophilia var. ornata (Clay Co, NC) with a note: "Very rare in cultivation." (THANKS MIKE!)
My first seedlings keep looking better and better. Stoked to see them in another year! They're close to busting out of the small cells they are stuck in at this point.
- S. flava var. atropurpurea (MW F43)
- S. flava var. ornata 'Improved Black Veins' (MW F35a)
- S. leuco red x minor giant (MW HY2)
- S. 'Adrian Slack'
- S. oreophilia var. ornata (Clay Co, NC)
- S. leucophylla var. alba 'Hurricane Creek White' Baldwin Co, AL (Clone F) (MW)
- S. x moorei "Phil" Clone #2.
- S. 'Black Widow'
My Dana's Delight was not getting the proper light in the backrow, I had to do a little rearranging to bring it into more light. Very few pitchers and mostly phyllodia, not a good look.
A spider has taken to redecorating this flower in its style.
- S. x excellens (S. leucophylla burgundy x S. minor var. okefenokeensis) ("pink clone") (Mike Wang)
- S. flava var. rubricorpora "agristats" x var. ornata (Phil Faulisi)
- S. minor var. okefenokeensis (Ware Co, GA) (unique seedling) (Mike Wang)
- S. 'Judith Hindle'
This thing needs to be dealt with this winter, turned into quite the jungle.
stu: Hi Mike: I’m pleased to report that the S. rubra wherryi Chatom Giant you sent has arrived in great shape as did the bonus plant from NC. Both are now back under southern skies and are feeling warm, humid, and at home again. Thanks!
Jul 22, 2020 13:21:21 GMT -5
sanguinearocks101: I am planning on doing an order from Mike... and I’m on a budget, some of the hardest decisions I’ve ever made
Aug 27, 2020 8:28:29 GMT -5
sanguinearocks101: What are good plants to make hybrids with S. luecophylla with? Im looking for dark colors.
Sept 10, 2020 18:46:52 GMT -5
adaetz100: Sarracenia purpurea tends to add a lot of red/purple to its offspring, but there are some lovely dark red flava x leucophylla crosses too. Look up 'Royal Ruby' if you're not familiar with it already--it's a natural flava x leuco hybrid
Sept 22, 2020 20:15:04 GMT -5
sarrseens: How about $50
Oct 3, 2020 10:35:54 GMT -5